Nicotinamide Riboside (NR) is a nucleoside made out of niacinamide and ribose. It is a form of Vitamin B3 and is a precursor to nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide which means it is needed to make NAD+, increased NAD+ then activates the following enzymes.
• Sirtuins, a potential anti-aging target
• PARPs, which may repair damaged DNA
• CD38, a receptor in the immune system which is involved in glucose-induced insulin secretion
Because Sirt1 activates PGC-1alpha, scientists are investigating if NR supplementation stimulates mitochondrial biogenesis and improves mitochondrial health. Scientists have explored its effects on generating energy in mitochondrial-dense tissues like muscle, brain, and liver.
• Stimulates NAD+ Metabolism
• Improves Exercise Performance
• Boosts Cognitive Health